Landlord Tenant Forms

By E-Renter Tenant Screening
Posted on May 30, 2006 under Landlord Paperwork and Forms | icon: commentBe the First to Comment

If you are the owner of rental real estate, it is important any forms or agreements used are legally correct and binding. In the event of a landlord tenant issue, if you have taken pains to have all necessary and legally approved agreement forms signed, you will not have any problems in proving your case, in case you have to go to court.

Therefore, it is essential you use forms developed by professionals, either in the rental business or in the legal profession. There are many types of landlord forms, such as, rental applications, lease agreements, notices to pay or vacate, move-in forms, move out forms, 30-days notice to vacate, rent raise, etc. etc. Easily available, these forms can be downloaded from many online sites that offer free landlord forms. One such site is which has an extensive forms library.

You must bear in mind, as a landlord it is necessary for you to protect yourself from unscrupulous tenant elements, and the best way of doing so is to ensure all rental paperwork is in order. As long as you use the correct landlord forms, as the landlord, you will always be able to maintain the upper hand in landlord tenant negotiations.

Before letting a tenant move in, ensure all the necessary forms have been signed and are on file. Professionals suggest that the “must haves” are rental application completed in full, residential or commercial lease, and check in forms signed by both the tenant and landlord. Take the time to do things right and you won’t regret it later.

Add A Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.